Re-Entry Program Specialist - Mayor's Office on Returning Citizen Affairs
OPEN: September 7, 2022
CLOSE: Open until filled
SALARY RANGE/GRADE: Excepted Service ES5, ($57,963 to $86,945)
Current District of Columbia residents will receive priority and advanced preference for screening and interviews.
Mayor’s Office and Returning Citizen Affairs (MORCA) is looking for a Reentry Program Specialist to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for our organization. You will be tasked with developing programs to support the organization's strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. Major responsibilities include developing leadership ideas into actual programs, providing guidance and direction to employees about various programs within the organization, leaders across the organization to help teams implement new activities and programs as needed.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in both program management, coordinate efforts across departments and knowledgeable of DC reentry and returning Citizens resources.
- Oversee, plan, develop and coordinate current and new activities.
- Researching trends and gathering resources on new activities and programs both in the District and other jurisdiction.
- Providing guidance on subject-matter projects to employees and management teams.
- Planning and attending collaboration meetings to ensure projects are on schedule.
- Responsibilities include providing guidance and direction to employees about various programs within the organization.
- Work with leaders across the organization to help teams implement new activities and programs as needed.
- Plans, develops, and implements complex and comprehensive activities and programs directly related to reentry/returning citizen.
- Build relationships with referred program partners to understand existing programs and collaborations.
- Build relationships with potential sponsors of events and program.
- Create monthly and/or quarterly budget updates on programs/events.
- Report feedback on the success and/or failure of certain projects and activities.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred or 3 years’ experience in project management and working with incarcerated individuals.
- Manages all administrative aspects of program development from start to finish, including program proposals/approvals, supplies, marketing, evaluations.
- Provides regular benchmark statistics, analysis, and reporting on marketing outreach, activities, and program participation as needed.
- Develops liaison relationships with reentry stakeholders to coordinate efforts where appropriate.
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Program Specialist or similar role.
- Flexible work availability.
- Oversee and assist staff as necessary on programs outside their own portfolio.
- Provide guidance and cross agency coordination amongst.
- Work closely with operations and marketing staff to coordinate efforts.
- Must have excellent delegation skills and the ability to lead and train both student staff and volunteers.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, researching, and report writing.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership capabilities.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Program Specialist.
There is a legal requirement that each new appointee to the Excepted Service either: (1) be domiciled in the District of Columbia at the time of appointment; or (2) establish District domicile within one hundred eighty (180) days of appointment. The law also requires that Excepted Service employees maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment. Failure to maintain District domicile during the period of the appointment will result in forfeiture of employment.
If you are a resident of the District of Columbia and interested in this role, please upload your resume and answer the questionnaire. Only the candidates deemed most suited for the position based on resume will receive a call to schedule further discussion.
To be considered for the position, please answer the required questions and attach required credentials, including resume.